Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Time Lapse


Colorless Conversations
My roommate and my two suitemates are very outgoing people. I am very introverted. I often sit in my room alone working with my laptop sipping tea while they chat away in our common room/living area. Sometimes they have friends come over. Most of these friends are boys from The New School of Jazz and Contemporary Music. Last week, my suitemate Kayla's friend Eli came over and I was very interested in their conversation. So I set up my camera and took pictures of them talking. They talked about Facebook friends, Zac Efron's nipples, etc. I noticed that my suitemate Kayla moved around a lot when she talked. She braided her hair. She sipped her tea. She threw her head back when she laughed. Eli, on the other hand, sat in the same position and did nothing more than stroke his chin and crouch down to laugh a few times. I shot this conversation in black and white because I wanted the livelihood of this odd yet amusing conversation to be the 'color' the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment